Senior Lecturer (Fashion Design & Technology)
Fashion Design & Technology Pathway Leader for Level 3 Foundation & Link tutor for Institute of Marangoni, London Foundation Programmes.
As Fashion Design & Technology pathway leader I cover a variety of subjects, these include manual drawing skills, design theory & portfolio building.
As an experienced Senior Lecturer, I have demonstrated a history of working in the very broad higher education industry. Skills include Lecturing, various creative disciplines, and public speaking.
Academic and professional qualifications
• PGCE in FE, HE & Adult Education Bolton University Sept 06 - May 08
• Masters in Textiles as Fashion Glasgow School of Art Jan 04 - Dec 04
• Bachelor of Design Liverpool Hope University Sept 00 – June 03
• BTEC Art Foundation John Moores University Sept 99 - May 00)
• The Manchester College (formally MANCAT) September 2007 – November 2011 Programme Leader for the Foundation Degree in Fashion & Clothing Technology.
• City College January 2008 – September 2009 Fashion Business & Textiles Tutor for the Foundation in Fashion & Clothing Technology.
• Hugh Baird College November 2006 – December 2007 Course leader of the Btec Foundation.
• Manchester Metropolitan University September 2005 - June 2007 Setting up scheme supported by the Craft Council, two year placement as Artist in Residence within the Embroidery Department.
Prizes and awards
Nominted for 'Teacher of Year' Student Awards 2019
Brownbridge, KM., Sanderson, R., Gill, S., 2014. 'Aspirational bodies: fashioning new beauty ideals', Beauty 4 Interdisciplinary.net, Mansfield College, Oxford, UK., 20/9/2014 - 22/9/2014.
Gill, S., Sanderson, RE., 2014. 'Turning Figure Drawing On Its Head', IFFTI 2014: The Power of Fashion, Bunka Gakuen University, Japan, 27/1/2014 - 31/1/2014, in Proceedings of the 16th Annual Conference for the International Foundation of Fashion Technology Institutes (IFFTI 2014), pp. 189-194.
Gill, S., Sanderson, R., 2013. 'Redefining the Drawn Body through Investigations of Proportional Techniques', 5th Inter-disciplinary Global Conference on Fashion, Oxford, UK, 9/9/2013 - 12/9/2013.
Manchester Fashion Institute
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester M15 6BG