Academic and professional qualifications
- 2018 - ONLINE COURSE Art Theory: Introduction to Aesthetics (Pass) - University of the Arts - Central Saint Martins
- 2017 - GRADUATE CERTIFICATE Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching & Learning (Distinction) - Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
- 2014 - TEFL Teaching English as A Foreign Language & TEFL Teaching English as A Foreign Language (Grade A) TEFL Online TRAINING COURSE 120-hour online & 20-hour classroom
- 2011 - MASTERS (MSC) Course: Advanced Product Development (Distinction) - Manchester Metropolitan University
- 2010 - HONOURS DEGREE (Ba Hons) Course: Clothing Design & Technology (First 1.1) Manchester Metropolitan University
- 2006 - FOUNDATION DEGREE (Edexcel Diploma) Course: Foundation in Art & Design (Distinction) University of the Arts - London College of Fashion
- Chartered Management institute - CMI 2019
- Charter Member of the Textile Institute, Manchester, UK – Ctext ATI, 2011.
After graduating from university, Manchester Metropolitan University, I ventured into Industry starting my career as a designer/product developer for leading high street brands across the UK. In 2011, I created a small start-up business, Victoria Eskdale Design, a freelance design agency specialising in the development of technical specification packs, garment design & social responsibility for mass market. I had the opportunity to work with SME’s & LSE’s on a broad range of diverse & interesting projects.
I have a wide-ranging academic background teaching across a number of programmes both in the UK & Vietnam. I began lecturing at MMU in 2011, specialising in 2D/3D Computer Aided Design including Optitex, Business communications, Fashion Marketing, Merchandising & Product Development. My career in Education evolved from a Fashion design/Product development focus to Fashion business (Merchandise Management) whilst working at RMIT Vietnam (Sister university to top 10 fashion university RMIT Melbourne) as a lecturer. In my final year of service as the joint led the fashion department, with my focus of teaching on product ranging, advanced product development & internship co-ordinator.
I returned to the UK last year 2018, as a sessional lecturer at Manchester Metropolitan University & advanced on to a full-time role within the Fashion Business & Management program within the year. Teaching on to Global Strategy, Synergy, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, The business of global fashion & Fashion Enterprise project. Before re-joining MMU in March 2019 as a lecturer on the Fashion Business & Management programme.
Prizes and awards
- 2018 | AWARDED Excellence in Teaching Award (RMIT University Vietnam/Australia)
- 2011 | AWARDED Winner of the INNOV_EX Prize 2011 & JANE ROBSON award finalist
- 2010 | AWARDED Finalist of TEXTILE INSTITUTE award for designing excellence
I am curious about fashion, I have many interests in fashion , in particular Fashion heritage. Fashion & sustainability. Fashion & Culture. Fashion & Human Journey. Fashion & Tribes. Fashion & Technology. Fashion & Product Development. Fashion & Story telling. Fashion & Innovation. I took my curiosity to investigation after perusing a South East Asian adventure & living/working in Vietnam for four years as a lecturer at RMIT university. Being placed in a developing hub of creativity & business it was easy to build narratives through exhibition curation & garment development.
My first research output ‘curation of an exhibition at Dia Projects, Dong Khoi Street –Vietnam, was an exhibition named ‘Design & Heritage’ a collaboration between Fashion4Freedom (NGO’ leaders in sustainable design) & I, with a focus to highlight the traditional artisan skills of the craftsmen of Vietnam, with particular focus on the aLoui tribe based in Hue. Amongst the artefacts presented at the exhibition, In addition I researched, designed, developed & sampled a capsule collection of x3 jackets collection. I am continuing this area of research independently.
I am currently working on an internal research project at MMU, An exhibition called Mend, where I will be developing a series of garments/images that will be patched together from fabric swatches originating from multiple countries, cultures, tribes & experiences from my South East Asia life.
- 2020 MMU/ Mend Exhibition.
- 2019 Abstract accepted for the Fashion Colloquia 2020 (Jaipur) Commercially Fabricating National Identity for Artisan Focused Value.
- 2018 Sustainable Practice’s in Vietnamese Fashion & Textiles Industries ($4,180) RMIT Vietnam (Granted funding application) Research Paper – Team collaboration
- 2017 A systematic view of supply chain management in Vietnam fashion industry applied to the fashion garment mass market brads in Ho Chi Minh City RMIT Vietnam Research Paper - Team collaboration
- 2017 British Council Craft & Design Challenge – Vietnam Hanoi – Mentor & Guest Lecture Series
- 2016 Design & Heritage a Loui tribe by Fashion4Freedom – Vietnam – Curator of Exhibition, Exhibition Artefacts & Capsule collection working directly with the aLoui tribe.
- 2010 3D Designer & Garment Technologist – UK - Journal Article - Team collaboration
- 2010 Virtual Sampling – SD CAD for garment development – UK - Conference paper
Manchester Fashion Institute
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester M15 6BG